Research reports and anecdotal evidence continues to support the strength of the surveillance industry and the growing demands for video equipment. Some examples over the last year of analysis of trends within the surveillance industry include:
- Video Surveillance Trends in 2017
- Video Surveillance Market… in which their preview statement without buying the report says, “The video surveillance market was valued at USD 30.37 Billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 75.64 Billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 15.4% between 2017 and 2022. The base year considered for the study is 2016 and the forecast period is from 2017 to 2022.”
- This is an older report but has some good profiles of technology options:
Video Surveillance Systems: Current Systems and Future Trends
- Seagate talks about video surveillance driving the need for video storage
- Another ad for a report called, “Video Surveillance 2017 Global Market Challenge, Driver, Trends & Forecast to 2021,” doesn’t give up statistics at all.
There are plenty of other examples of reports and research, and significant professional conferences. There can be no denying that the surveillance industry is a large consumer of video equipment in diverse applications and industries. Purveyors of video equipment should benefit substantially from the increasing demand for types of video equipment in the surveillance and broader security industry, across multiple business and industrial sectors.